|Expression of Interest closing date||20191206|
Request for Quotation – Business Development Project – St Helens
Screensystems (Wireworkers) Ltd specialises in the manufacture of looped wedge wire screens and welded wedge wire screens.
It is a single site business based in Lea Green, St. Helens with 34 employees. Of which 4 are management 3 administrative and 27 Shop floor.
Our wedge wire products have found uses in a variety of industries where materials/liquids/ingredients need to be separated. The majority of our sales are made to the water treatment, sewerage/ municipal and food sectors.
We have identified a need to increase capacity and capability and to improve communications within Screensystems Ltd. We intend to create an environment that will be a catalyst for business growth. It will improve quality, reduce waste, and increase staff engagement and involvement in the company progress.
The Key areas we will focus on are;
- Streamlining production and reducing waste
- Creating effective communication across the business
- Developing and executing training plans that provide a sustainable framework for staff development
- Improving morale across the business
- Implementation of a digitised monitoring system for work processes
We expect the project to result in;
- Increased production and reduced waste
- Less misunderstanding across all levels
- Increase in activity to tackle frustrations
- Identified times for development
- Digitisation plan development that includes input from multiple areas of the business
- Frequent reflection and feedback on the impact of communication and development from all parts of the business
The project will involve the whole workforce. Therefore, in order to minimise disruption to the day to day operation of the business it will occur on a fixed number of agreed days per month. (No more than 2 days in any month) The overall timescale for completion will be 12 months from the start of the project.
12 months from start date.
This work will be part funded though the European Regional Development Fund. The project falls within the £2,500 – £24,999 bracket and therefore, under current Public Procurement Regulations, there is no formal tender procedure but a detailed written quotation is required.
Quotations will be assessed and scored on the following criteria:
- Cost 40%
- Demonstrate skills and understanding of the industry sector 20%
- Understanding brief/clarity of quotation. 20%
- Delivery time scales 10%
- Ease of communication 10%
4 Excellent – Proposal meets and in some places, exceeds the required standard
3 Good – Proposal meets required standard
2 Acceptable – Proposal meets the required standard in most respects, but is lacking or inconsistent in others
1 Poor – Proposal falls short of expected standard
0 Unacceptable – Completely or significantly fails to meet required standard or does not provide the relevant answer.
Proposals should clearly demonstrate how they meet the requirement set out above.
Deadline and Submission
Proposals for submission are required by 1700 Hrs 6th December 2019 either electronically or by post to;
David Greenall, Screensystems (Wireworkers) Ltd, Eurolink House, Lea Green Road, St. Helens, WA9 4QU
Tel. 01744 2728955
Date Published – 22/11/19
This work is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
Conditions of Tender
- Please be aware that due to the relatively low indicative budget for this work (i.e. less than the current OJEU limits) there is no regulatory obligation for us to provide feedback if you are unsuccessful.
- We reserve the right to discontinue this tender process at any time and not award a contract.
- You will not be entitled to claim from us any costs or expenses which you may incur in preparing and/or submitting your Tender at any stage of this exercises. This applies whether or not your organisation is successful.