|Expression of Interest closing date||11/02/2022|
St Helens Chamber, in partnership with St Helens Borough Council and Glass Futures, has been awarded funding of c. £619k via the UK Community Renewal Fund as the lead delivery partner, working in collaboration with named partners St Helens Borough Council and Glass Futures.
The ‘Clean, Green and Advanced Manufacturing Skills for the Future’ project aims to discover how best to ensure the local economy has the skills needed to create clean and green growth in St Helens and to further strengthen the advanced manufacturing sector.
The Inspiring Children project will inspire future generations to see how they can gain careers in these growing sectors, informing them about the opportunities available and inspiring them to pursue higher levels of skills training to provide a future workforce.
- 600 primary school children and 600 secondary school pupils will be inspired, informed, and excited by these new sectors, which will probably not be understood by them currently.
- A range of inspiring and engaging activities will increase their motivation and commitment to their education and encourage them to pursue higher level skills training either at university or via an apprenticeship at level 3 or above.
- Deliver learning events which will bring STEM to schools, linking them with business and industry expert volunteers inspiring the next generation of STEM specialists.
- Directly deliver activities to groups of school-age children, mainly in Key Stages 2 and 3, delivering business-project based activities designed to spark interest.
- Schools and children will assist us to design projects which link to the curriculum, and agree the most effective approaches, especially for children at risk of disengagement.
- Deliver an event for teachers and education professionals, involving businesses to help inform and update teachers’ knowledge and ability to inspire pupils.
Request for Proposal
St Helens Chamber are seeking to commission a suitably qualified and experienced education provider to design and deliver the Project Activities identified on behalf of St Helens Chamber and the project awarded by the UK Community Renewal Fund.
- Provide a background of your organisation.
- Detail all key personnel proposed for the delivery of this service and provide a profile of their experience.
- Describe your organisation’s previous experience of providing services similar to those required.
- Advise how you will ensure that services are delivered against agreed outcomes and timescales.
- Explain what sets your organisation apart from others and any innovative aspects offered.
- Please provide recent written testimonials or case studies from existing clients for contracts of a similar size and nature.
- Please set out your proposed fixed fee (inclusive of VAT) for the project components
|Issue of request for proposal (RFP)||10 January 2022|
|Clarification questions||21 January 2022|
|Submission deadline||11 February 2022|
|Assessment of request for proposal (RFP)||14 February – 25 February 2022|
|Award of request for proposal (RFP)||04 March 2022|
|Project initiation meeting||1 March 2022|
|Project close||30 June 2022|
Clarification questions and Request for Proposals should be issued for the attention of Rachel Wellens, Events and Partnerships Manager to: email@example.com
UK Community Renewal Fund
The UK Community Renewal Fund is a UK Government programme for 2021/22.
This aims to support people and communities most in need across the UK to pilot programmes and new approaches to prepare for the UK Shared Prosperity Fund. It invests in skills, community and place, local business, and supporting people into employment.
For more information, visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/uk-community-renewal-fund-prospectus