|Expression of Interest closing date||20171218|
Invitation to Tender – Window Replacement – St Helens Chamber Digital Hub
INSTRUCTIONS TO TENDERERS – View full ITT for information
Specification and Scope
St Helens Chamber requires a Contractor to undertake Window Replacement at the following address:
St Helens Chamber Digital Hub (formerly Starting Point), 4 – 6 Hardshaw Street, St Helens WA10 1RE
The current windows are a mixture of aluminium, and timber construction. The proposed replacement windows are intended to replicate the overall frame arrangement of the current windows. PLEASE NOTE, we are also seeking quotes for both wooden and aluminium replacement windows to the ground and second floors, and wooden sliding sash windows only to the first floor.
The building is in a Conservation Area, and the Windows that require replacement must be in line with the obtained planning permission to match existing and must be in accordance with St Helens Council Conservation Officer’s guidelines.
The main reason for the replacement of the windows is to increase the Energy Efficiency of the building. Therefore we will expect all windows to comply with current thermal performance Standards.
Ground floor – consists of 5 on the ground floor of varying sizes. (note: we are requesting quotations for both wooden and aluminium replacements for the ground floor)
First floor – consists of 9 painted timber sliding sash windows varying sizes. (note: we only require quotations for timber sliding sash windows for the first floor)
Second floor – consists of 22 windows within a Mansard Roof of varying sizes. (note: we are requesting quotations for both wooden and aluminium replacements for the second floor)
The Chamber will be appointing a CDM and Principle Contractor. The successful contractor/s will be expected to work with them.
Prices must be broken down per floor, and additionally between wooden and aluminium windows for the ground and second floors.
Our chosen provider must be able to provide all services listed.
- Scaffold will be provided by the Roofing Contractor the successful tenderer will need to supply a full and comprehensive set of RAMS before using the scaffold.
- Replace all windows to front and right hand side elevations only. (Elevations Plans)
- Glazing will be made up of double glazing units to meet all the required current standards.
- Care will be taken to make sure that the new frame is of a profile and size such that it will match what is currently in place, so as to preserve the overall appearance of the front elevation.
- Please ensure that all waste materials are disposed of correctly, please liaise directly with St Helens Council for permits for skips on site.
- Provide adequate protection to the base of the building in line with St Helens Councils requirements to protect members of the public and restrict access to the area.
- Starting Point is located in a Pedestrian Area so vehicle access is limited. Arrangements will need to be made with St Helens Council and parking permits paid for.
The evaluation criteria for Tenders will be as follows:
Overall Cost / Value for Money
Previous experience based on other similar Window projects
Demonstrate a successful Health & Safety track record
Tenderer’s location relative to St Helens
Provide evidence of awareness of Conservation requirements
All Tenders will be evaluated on the basis of the “most economically advantageous tender”.
The Chamber is not bound to accept the lowest priced (or indeed any) Tender, and reserves the right to accept all or any part of a Tender.
Evaluation Criteria & Weightings – Please click here to view full ITT document – Version 2 (05.12.17)
The Chamber reserves the right to take into account any other relevant considerations that, in its absolute discretion, it may deem are appropriate.
Structure of Proposal
The proposal must be structured as follows:
- Introduction/covering letter
- General Tenderer Details, response to Section 3.2
- Response to Section 3.3
- Completed Form of Tender, Section 3.4
- Pricing, Section 3.5
- Tenderers must ensure that their Tender response is submitted in the format described in this document.
- All tenders must be complete and offer the most economically advantageous bid available to the Chamber.
General Tenderer Details – Please click here to view full ITT document – Version 2 (05.12.17)
Response to Tender – Please click here to view full ITT document – Version 2 (05.12.17)
Form of Tender – Please click here to view full ITT document – Version 2 (05.12.17)