|Expression of Interest closing date||20171113|
Invitation To Tender – Roof Refurbishment – Starting Point St Helens
St Helens Chamber – Roof Refurbishment, Starting Point
TENDER REF NUMBER: 2017/01
St Helens Chamber is one of the most successful organisations of its kind in the UK. This statement is evidenced in a number of ways, not least the award of “Chamber of the Year” in 2007, 2010 and 2016 at the British Chambers of Commerce Annual Awards, and the recent Queens Award for Enterprise 2017.
Currently the Chamber has an annual turnover of £6m and a staff of 110. Our core mission is “To support our Members and the community to enhance the economic success of St Helens businesses and people”.
Our business delivers four main functions:
Business – we aim to boost business performance by delivering a range of business support which includes grants, intelligence, networking, winning new business and exporting.
Enterprise – we aim to inspire the entrepreneurs of tomorrow by bringing businesses and schools closer together and we deliver an effective business start-up programme for anyone wishing to set up a new business.
Employment – We offer help and support to unemployed people to get back into work, and offer help to employers too.
Training – we help to develop the workforce to its full potential by providing bespoke training solutions meeting employers’ needs, many of which are free of charge or subsidised.
We are seen as a key partner to the public sector and participate fully with St Helens Council, Police, Health Authorities and the voluntary sector in delivering services which improve St Helens as a place to live and work.
Specification and Scope
St Helens Chamber requires a provider to undertake a complete Roof Refurbishment at the following address:
4 – 6 Hardshaw Street
The building is in a Conservation Area, and the roof elements that require replacement must be on a new – for – old basis, to match existing and must be in accordance with St Helens Council Conservation Officers guidelines.
Gutters and Facias will be similarly replaced to preserve the overall appearance of the front elevation.
The purpose of the refurbishment is to ensure the roof is strong enough to support Photovoltaic panels.
An Asbestos survey has been completed on the building and it was identified in the basement boiler room only.
The Chamber will be appointing a CDM. The successful contractor will be expected to work with them.
Our chosen provider must be able to provide all services listed.
1. Provide and erect scaffold in line with The Work at Height Regulations 2005
2. To strip existing slates and set aside for reuse where possible. Remove existing felt and battens, dispose of from site.
3. Ensure that roof is strong enough to locate 22 Photovoltaic panels on the rear roof elevation.
4. Please ensure that all waste materials are disposed of correctly.
5. Scaffold to be retained on-site to enable installation of solar PV also first and second floor windows.
6. Strengthen roof structure if required
7. Supply and fit battens onto a breathable membrane.
8. Re – lay existing slates and purchase any replacement slates as required.
9. Re – bed existing ridge tiles.
10.Replace gutters and facias as required.
11. Allow for any chimney pointing and insulation/gutter works required to comply with Building Regulation.
11. Where and to the extent that materials, products and workmanship are not fully specified they are to be:
Suitable for the purposes of the works stated therein or reasonably to be inferred from the contract documents and in accordance with good buildings practice including the relevant provisions of current British Standards (BS) and Codes of Practice (CP) but any reference herein to British Standard (BS) or British Codes of Practice (CP) shall be deemed to also refer to Euro standards or other similar national standards of other European Community member states provided that they meet their British equivalents
13. Provide adequate protection to the base of the building in line with St Helens Councils requirements to protect members of the public and restrict access to the area.
14. Starting Point is located in a Pedestrian Area so vehicle access is limited. Arrangements will need to be made with St Helens Council and parking permits paid for.
The Chamber is also seeking quotes for 22 Photovoltaic panels. If you are able to quote for this work please email email@example.com
The successful contractor must be able to commence the work on 04/12/2017. We will be in a position to confirm this date about 1 week before.
The evaluation criteria for Tenders will be as follows:
Overall Cost / Value for Money
Previous experience based on other similar Roofing projects
Ability to start as soon as the planning permission is granted
Demonstrate a successful Health & Safety track record
Tenderer’s location relative to St Helens
Provide evidence of awareness of Conservation requirements
All Tenders will be evaluated on the basis of the “most economically advantageous tender”.
The Chamber is not bound to accept the lowest priced (or indeed any) Tender, and reserves the right to accept all or any part of a Tender.
Before submitting your tender please read the full invitation to tender document by Click here