For each young person (aged 16-24) you hire, the Government will pay the employee National Minimum Wage for up to 25 hours per week, plus employer National Insurance contributions and employer minimum pension contributions.
What can employers expect?
The Kickstarter scheme provides businesses with a fantastic opportunity to hire talented young people to help them through these difficult times. Costs are covered by the Government, and St Helens Chamber can help with the recruitment and training.
• £1500 one off payment to support with recruitment and training costs
• National Minimum Wage paid by the Government for up to 25 hours per week, for six months. (Employers can opt to increase working hours but must pay the additional salary & contributions).
• Employer National Insurance Contributions & minimum pension contributions paid
How St Helens Chamber can help
If you want to take advantage of this fantastic opportunity, St Helens Chamber can help you every step of the way. Our Workforce Development team are working closely with JobCentre Plus and can help you source the right candidate to fill it.
If choose to fill your role through us, we can take all the hard work out of the recruitment process through our Kickstarter Support Package, which includes:
• Advertising your vacancy for you and keeping in touch with the Job Centre on your behalf
• Pre-screening suitable candidates and preparing them for their interview and placement with you
• Assistance with interviewing, including use of our offices if needed and helping you on-board the applicant
• Applying for Kickstarter funding on your behalf
• Accessing additional Government funding to support you and your candidate throughout the
• Dealing with payments from DWP and ensuring you receive these in a timely manner
• Monthly reviews with the Kickstarter and employer and support in dealing with any issues that may
• Compliance service to ensure you are adhering to the rules of Kickstarter to avoid financial claw back
should an audit take place.
• Pastoral support for any issues that may arise with the Kickstarter during employment
• Safeguarding support for yourself and the Kickstarter.
• Job search support for the Kickstarter to source progression opportunities should a permanent job
not be available in your organisation.
If you choose to use our Kickstarter Support Package, the cost of our services will be covered by a part-payment from your £1500 grant, enabling you to recruit and support the young person in a cost-effective way.