The Apprenticeship Levy will come into force on 6 April 2017 and requires all employers operating in the UK, with a pay bill over £3 million each year, to invest in Apprenticeships.
If you’re an employer with an annual pay bill of more than £3 million, you’ll start paying the levy in May 2017.
Each month, you will have to:
- Let HMRC know whether you need to pay the Apprenticeship Levy
- Include the levy you need to pay in your usual PAYE payment to HMRC
Accessing money paid under the Apprenticeship levy
Once you have declared the levy to HMRC, you will be able to access funding for Apprenticeships through a new Digital Apprenticeship Service account.
Through the Digital Apprenticeship Service all employers will be able to:
- Select an Apprenticeship framework or standard
- Choose the training provider or providers you want to deliver the training
- Choose the organisation that will assess your Apprentices
- Post Apprenticeship vacancies
How St Helens Chamber can help
If you will be required to pay the Apprenticeship Levy we can support you to estimate your levy payments, carry out a training needs analysis of your workforce and put a fully costed training plan in place, that allows you to recoup your levy contributions through investing in staff training.
To find out more call us on 01744 742333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will come out to visit you.